Wednesday 3 September 2014

ENGLISH CHAMP PRACTICE EXERCISE :EC EXERCISE 1


EXERCISE 1 

Q 1.  Underline the incorrect word (if any) and write the correct word in the given blanks

First two examples are done for you

1. Ranveer always reach school late        reaches___
2. Anuj studies very hard and that’s why he gets first position
     in the class                         No Correction Required
3. People does not support each other these days _____________
4. Sir is not very good at maths and that’s why he do not teach maths________
5. Indian army is very strong , but it does not kills innocent Pakistanis________
6. Amit :- My brother never listen to me ________
7. Vijay :- Why does he not listen to you ________
8. Amit :- He hardly pay attention toward studies, his exams are coming ________
9. Vijay :- Does he not takes tution ________
10. Amit :- yes, he take tution, but he is very careless ________
11. These days, competition is very tough, everyone try to get a job fast ________
12. Anita :- My daughter does not wants to take PCM ________
Leena :- Why do she not want to take PCM________
Anita :- She say, that she wants to become a writer and not scientist________

13. Vinod :- I wants to improve my English ________
Ravi :- I also want to improve, Do you knows any institute ___________
Vinod:- Yes buddy, I know one institute _______________
Ravi:- Does teachers teach well there _______________
Vinod:- Yes, Verma sir teach very well there ______________

14. My neighbours normally does not help others _______________
15. Mr. Gupta teach us English every day _______________
16. Do people really loves nature __________________
17. Gautam Gambhir is an opener. He always open for India. ______________
18. People do not consider me terrorist . ___________________
19. Riya likes me , but she hesitate in telling me._________________
20 . Does your Principal gives importance to attendance.______________

QUESTION 2.

 Underline the incorrect connector/preposition (if any) and write the correct one in front of the sentence

First two examples are  done for you.

1. My mother normally prepares breakfast in  8 am ____incorrect : in   correct : at
2. The cock crows before dawn everyday.    No correction Required
3. My brother quarrels to me on small matters __________
4. Sir usually scolds to children ___________
5. Mohan always purchases books on Jindal store ___________
6. I never lend money from anyone ________________
7. She hardly talks from me _______________
8. Why does your father shout on you ____________
9. He never agrees from me ____________
10. Why do elders not forgive to younger easily ___________
11. I don't hide my secrets with my father _____________
12. Raju is my best friend, he never suspects on me __________
13. Rajeev is an obedient son, he never comes to home late. ________
14. God helps to those who help themselves. ______________
15. Shreya normally trusts on her friends. ______________



QUESTION 3.

Convert the following sentences as directed, First example is done for you

1. People believe in superstitions a lot

Negative(N) : People do not believe in superstitions a lot

Confirmation(C ) : Do people believe in superstitions a lot

P = Positive Sentence


2. Ravi does not set his bed sheet

Positive (P) : ____________________________________

(C ) : _______________________________________



3. Does Sir teach mathematics

(P) :- _______________________________________


(N) :- _______________________________________



4. Girls study more than boys


(N ) :- ______________________________________

(C ) :- _______________________________________



5. Plants give carbon-dioxide at night

(C ) :- ________________________________________

6. My father does not shout at children

(P) ;- ________________________________________
(C) :- ______________________________________

7.  My friend Ravi does not support me in new works

(P) :-_____________________________________
(C) :- ________________________________________


8. Do your teachers give you lot of home work 

(P) :- ____________________________________
(N) :- ________________________________________

9. My mother worships daily.

(N) :- _________________________________________
(C) :- ___________________________________________

10. English champ provides 100% guarantee of teaching Grammatical English.
(N) :- ___________________________________________
(C) :- ____________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment