Wednesday 17 September 2014

English Champ Grammar Exercise 3 : Difference between Present simple & Present continuous


PART 1

Difference between Present simple & Present continuous  

Fill the appropriate form of verb along with the required helping verb
in the given blanks

Few examples have been done for your help 

  A)   He_________( go)  to school now. He ______(go) daily at 8 am.
 Answer of A)  He  is going  to school now.  He goes daily at 8am
 B)  The coffee we __________(drink) at present is very bitter. I usually_____( drink) coffee in coffee-café day
 Answer of B)  The coffee we are drinking at present is very bitter . I usually drink coffee in coffee-cafe day. 
  

1.       Every Monday, Sally (drive) her kids to football practice.

2. Usually, I (work)  as a secretary at ABT, but this summer I (study)  French at a language school in Paris. That is why I am in Paris.

3. Shhhhh! Be quiet! John (sleep) .

4. Don't forget to take your umbrella. It (rain) .

5. I hate living in Seattle because it (rain, always) .

6. I'm sorry I can't hear what you (say)  because everybody (talk)  so loudly.

7. Justin (write, currently)  a book about his adventures in Tibet. I hope he can find a good publisher when he is finished.

8. Jim: Do you want to come over for dinner tonight?
Denise: Oh, I'm sorry, I can't. I (go)  to a movie tonight with some friends.

9. The business cards (be, normally )  printed by a company in New York. Their prices (be)  inexpensive, yet the quality of their work is quite good.

10. This delicious chocolate (be)  made by a small chocolatier in Zurich, Switzerland.


PART 2 

Today (be)  the second day of my trek around Mount Annapurna. I am exhausted and my legs (shake)  ; I just hope I am able to complete the trek. My feet (kill, really)  me and my toes (bleed) , but I (want, still)  to continue.

Nepal is a fascinating country, but I have a great deal to learn. Everything (be)  so different, and I (try)  to adapt to the new way of life here. I (learn)  a little bit of the language to make communication easier; unfortunately, I (learn, not)  foreign languages quickly. Although I (understand, not)  much yet, I believe that I (improve, gradually) .

I (travel, currently)  with Liam, a student from Leeds University in England. He (be)  a nice guy, but impatient. He (walk, always)  ahead of me and (complain)  that I am too slow. I (do)  my best to keep up with him, but he is younger and stronger than I am. Maybe, I am just feeling sorry for myself because I am getting old.Right now, Liam (sit)  with the owner of the inn. They (discuss)  the differences between life in England and life in Nepal.
I (know, not)  the real name of the owner,but everybody (call)  him Tam. Tam (speak)  English very well and he (try)  to teach Liam some words in Nepali. Every time Tam (say)  a new word, Liam (try)  to repeat it. Unfortunately, Liam (seem, also)  to have difficulty learning foreign languages. I just hope we don't get lost and have to ask for directions.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for giving good stuff about present simple and past simple
    for answers visit:Learn English for Better Future

    ReplyDelete